The Jazz Bakery is one of Los Angeles’ premier musical venues. They recently lost their lease at 3223 Helms Blvd. to a furniture store, and are currently looking for a new permanent home. Their previous venue was not just another supper club or bar with a jazz afterthought, it was a theater-style venue with the music as the one and only focus.
Though without a home, the Jazz Bakery is still producing great jazz, in the form of concerts, called “Movable Feast”, at various venues throughout the L.A. area. As one of the only non-profit jazz venues on the West Coast, the organization draws some of the world’s greatest.
If the ticket prices seem, for some events, to be a bit steep, remember that the organization runs solely on ticket sales and donations: there are no $10 cocktails to pad the profit margin.
Jazz Bakery Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: While in transition, there are approximately 30 performances per year
- Ticket Prices: $25–$40. A Student Rush discount is offered. Not valid for reservations. Occasional half-price tickets on Goldstar.com. Admission is free for small children (sit-on-lap, no-charge policy)
- Group Discounts: 10% discount for groups of 10 or more
- Donations: Donations form $25–$1,000+ are greatly appreciated. All donors receive acknowledgement on the Jazz Bakery website, priority notice of all Jazz Bakery events, and regular E Newsletters.