The Los Angeles Master Chorale is the resident chorus of the Walt Disney Concert Hall, notable for both its eye-popping Frank Gehry design and its outstanding acoustics. Since 2001, the Chorale has been under the musical direction of Grant Gershon, who has assisted the chorus in building a large audience base and a more extensive musical repertoire.
Some of the L.A. Master Chorale’s exciting projects have included the multi-year “Homage to Haydn” and outreach programs that bring the Chorale’s masterful musicianship to wider audiences. The Chorale has even been heard in movie theaters around the world on the soundtracks to films like My Best Friend’s Wedding, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, and Lady in the Water.
Los Angeles Master Chorale Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (easily accessible by the Red and Purple lines at the Civic Center Station, as well as several buses and the Silver Line)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Nine performances per season and various special events such as L.A. Philharmonic appearances
- Ticket Prices: $32–$110 for single tickets
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 8 or more
- Subscriptions: Full seven-concert series available for $231–$749, or four-concert series for $132–$428, depending on seat selection. Create your own series option also available. Subscriber benefits include free ticket exchanges and lost ticket replacement
- Membership: Available from $100–$5,000+. Based on donation amount, membership benefits include program recognition, rehearsal invite, and self-park vouchers.