Beginning as the Whittier Civic Light Opera in 1952, Musical Theatre West has grown into one of Southern California’s most popular companies. Over the past half-century, MTW has presented admired productions of musicals such as 1776, Sweeney Todd, and The Full Monty, as well as the world premiere of Hurry! Hurry! Hollywood!(written by Star Search winner Sam Harris), the Los Angeles/Orange County premiere of Maury Yeston and Arthur Kopit’s Phantom, and the West Coast premieres of Cole Porter’sThe New Yorker, a new musical version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Eleanor: An American Love Story.
Musical Theatre West Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by Long Beach Transit bus 173 at Atherton Street/McNab Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $25–$53. Some discounts available for children, students, and seniors
- Subscriptions: Four-Show subscriptions are $100–$200. Subscription discounts available for children (16 and under) $75–$100, and teachers $100–$180.