A young and emerging orchestra, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra was established in 1989 as the successor to the Denver Symphony. The CSO is the only resident full-time professional symphonic orchestra in Colorado. The orchestra’s musicians are actively involved advising in the management of the orchestra and participate on the Board of Trustees and other committees.
The CSO offers further education for concert-goers through free pre-concert lectures for the Masterworks series and Talk-backs, informal post-concert discussions held after select concerts. Five-dollar tickets are available to the orchestra’s Open Rehearsals, where high-school students are invited to experience the inner workings of the orchestra. Petite Musique (for toddler-7 years old) and Youth and Children’s Concerts (grades 3–8) offer musical experiences tailored for the young. With tickets beginning as low as $15 for most concerts and discounts up to 30% off for subscriptions, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra is accessible to all ages and incomes.
Colorado Symphony Orchestra Information
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 175 annually
- Ticket Prices: Admission prices start at $15
- Group Discounts: Discounts of up to 20% off for groups of 10 or more; students and children may receive up to 50% off
- Subscriptions: An extensive array of subscription options are offered, including the Masterworks series, CSO Presents Pops, CSO Presents Chase Family series, CSO Presents Holiday series, CSO Special Performances, and custom-designed packages specially tailored to the subscribers’ preferences, consisting of 7 to 15 concerts. Benefits include a free Performing Arts companion pass, free Summer Music Festival companion pass, and free ticket exchanges
- Membership: $5 gets you a subscription to the Highnotes symphony newsletter. At higher levels, benefits include invitations to open rehearsals, post-concert receptions, exclusive season-preview events, and more
- Educational/Community Outreach: The CSO offers Youth and Children’s Concerts for students ages 8-13 for $6 per ticket. Petite Musique is the orchestra’s program for toddlers and children up to 7 years old; tickets for these concerts are $5 for children, $7 for adults. Admission to CSO Open Rehearsals, geared for grades 9-12, are $5 per ticket.