This is the resident theater company of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. Billed as the region’s largest resident professional corps of actors, designers, craftsmen, and technicians, the company annually offers a season of classic and contemporary plays from the fall to late spring on the four stages of the Helen Bonfils Theatre Complex.
Since opening on New Year’s Eve 1979 with concurrent productions of The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Moby Dick Rehearsed, and The Learned Ladies, the Denver Center Theater Company has presented more than 320 shows, including 85 new works. In recognition of this achievement, the company received the 1998 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre. DCTC also orchestrates the annual Colorado New Play Summit, in which some of the nation’s finest writers, directors, actors, and critics convene to hear readings of commissioned plays and works in progress, and to see fully staged world premieres.
Denver Center Theater Company Information
- Venues: Performances take place at the various theaters within the Denver Center.
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by a number of public bus routes as well as light rail)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six productions per season, each running between one and two months.
- Ticket Prices: $10-55
- Subscriptions: A wide variety of subscription packages is available, starting at $209 for a six play package. See website for further details.