Founded in 1975 as an outreach program of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Theatreworks’ unique eight-show season is a mixture of old and new, contemporary and comedy. Mixing classic works from Shakespeare and Chekov (The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Seagull), with international farce (Boeing-Boeing) and whimsical area premieres (Ben Franklin’s Tea Party, A Cowboy Christmas Carol) Theatreworks’ agenda promises something for everyone. Playing in three theatrical spaces on the UC Colorado Springs Campus, the company insures the environment is always appropriate for the art at hand, making it one of the most popular artistic destinations for Colorado patrons of the arts.
- Venues: The Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater and the Osborne Studio, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $22, tickets for children (under 16) $12
- Subscriptions: Eight-Show subscription is $160–$176. Benefits include a free pass for a friend, free drinks and snacks in the VIP Zone, and invites to special events and lectures.